Because a day without chocolate is a day lost, I give you with no further introduction the chocolate on chocolate mascarpone bundt cake
Chocolate bundt cake
2+1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup mascarpone
1/2 cup heavy cream
7 ounces chocolate, chopped
8 ounces butter, plus more for pan
1 + 1/4 cups sugar
1 tbs pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325F (170C).
- Butter a 14-cup Bundt cake pan and set aside. If your pan has a lot of corners and complicated shapes, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and use a pastry brush to spread the butter all over the pan, getting in all the corners, so that your cake comes out easily.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. Whisk and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Place chopped chocolate in a small bowl and pour hot cream, through a sieve, over the chopped chocolate. Stir until smooth and creamy in texture.
- Add mascarpone and mix. Let aside to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- On low speed, add the flour mixture in three equal amounts alternating with the chocolate batter, ending with flour.
- Pour the batter into the Bundt pan and bake for 55-60 minutes (or until a wooden toothpick insterted in center comes out clean). If the toothpick is wet, bake 5 more minutes and check again.
- Let cool in pan, invert onto a serving plate and start preparing the chocolate ganache glaze.
4.5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup almond slivers
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil.
- Add chopped chocolate and butter and let stand without mixing for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir until smooth and creamy in texture.
- Let stand, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
- Pour over the cooled cake
- Sprinkle some almond slivers on top for some crunch